What's it all about?
Plus X Brighton champions innovation and invention. With an expert team of specialists and a curated culture of collaboration, we nurture ideas to thrive. Which is why we are launching our first ever Disruptors competition – seeking and rewarding local entrepreneurial talent in the field of product design.
The theme? Sustainability. With unthinkable volumes of waste from the products we use, it’s time to support ideas that encourage us to behave in a more considered, circular and eco-friendly way. Our Earth is amazing, and we need to preserve it.
How it works
A panel of specialists from the fields of product design, eco brands and technology will judge a shortlist of contenders and the winning entrepreneur with the most impressive product pitch will receive six-months of Plus X Brighton desk space, access to workshops filled with specialist equipment, expert mentorship and guidance in product and business development.
Judges to be announced shortly!
Meet the Disruptors
Alongside a panel of judges, the Disruptors will also need to impress an audience, opening up a fantastic networking opportunity on the night. If you’re interested in technology, innovation and discovering new talent and entrepreneurs – please join us on the night – beer and pizza included!
How to submit your pitch
Submit no more than 10 slides including the following information (TIP: keep it short – mixing up words and images if possible to optimise engagement and understanding).
- A brief description of your product idea
- How will this product be designed in an environmentally conscious and sustainable way?
- What sustainable features or design elements does this product offer?
- What are your ambitions for this product?
- How is this product different from other products on the market?
- Who is your target audience?
- How will a residency at Plus X Brighton with specialist mentorship and guidance benefit you?
Fill in your details below, upload your file and you could become our first ever Plus X Brighton Disruptor!
(Deadline: Midnight on Sunday the 3rd of November, good luck!)
Sign up for the event